Coming up? Good vibes, great tunes, and sunshine at Harry’s Ocean Bar & Grille. More info about our Cape May restaurant in summer 2021.
Last month, we covered what to expect at Harry’s in summer 2021 as it relates to COVID regulations, entertainment, and new menu options. Plus…we announced there are more Crush Wednesdays this year than ever before! We can’t wait for our first one on Wednesday, May 12th. Which flavor will you order first?
We’re also looking forward to serving up delicious “fast” food from our takeout window. We’re excited to offer a robust Cape May takeout menu again, along with tons of delicious options for in-house dining – capacity is now up to 50%! Top favorites from last year are:
- Harry’s award-winning chowder – $9.00
- Harry’s Burger cooked to desired temperature with your choice of cheese – $12.00
- Harry’s Southwestern Shrimp Cobb Salad with southwest ranch dressing – $18.00
- Harry’s Spicy Chicken Sandwich with coleslaw – $14
New This Season
New this season at Harry’s is the Cold Brew White Russian. Cold brew coffee, vodka, Kahlua, and heavy cream. A perfect cocktail for brunch, lunch – or anytime – the Cold Brew White Russian is smooth, creamy, and sweet. Enjoy at your favorite oceanfront table morning, noon, or night!
Harry’s is a Member of the Surfrider Foundation
A reminder to customers that Harry’s is a proud member of the Surfrider Foundation – an organization that works to protect oceans and waterways.
Not to be a Debbie-downer, but an estimated 5.25 trillion pieces of plastic are currently floating in our oceans, damaging the marine ecosystems and wildlife such as seabirds, dolphins, fish, and turtles. Plastic fragments are even displacing plankton at the base of the food chain.
What’s the best way to combat this global epidemic? Stop the problem at its source. That’s exactly what The Surfrider Foundation seeks to do, and we’re happy to support them.
The Surfrider Foundation’s Ocean Friendly Restaurants Program increases awareness, drives change in behavior, and scalable impact among participating restaurants. Ultimately, it helps establishments like ours reduce our plastic (and water) footprint. What do we do differently?
Restaurants participating in the Ocean Friendly Restaurant Program:
- Say no to polystyrene (aka Styrofoam) use.
- Offer a comprehensive recycling program.
- Offer only reusable tableware for onsite dining. Disposable utensils are used for takeout but only provided upon request.
- Eliminate plastic bags for takeout orders.
- Offer straws only upon request.
They must also choose a minimum of two of the following:
- Eliminate the sale of beverages sold in plastic bottles.
- Offer discounts to customers with a reusable cup, mug, bag, etc.
- Provide vegetarian/Vegan options on a regular basis.
- Serve only ‘Best Choice’ or ‘Good Alternative’ seafood as defined by Seafood Watch or certified as sustainable.
- Employ water conservation efforts, such as low-flow faucets and toilets.
- Use energy-efficient LED lighting and Energy Star appliances.
As you can see, at Harry’s, we’re committed to more than just great food and good times. Embracing changes that benefit our community is very important to us.
After a long, cold, winter it’s time to get busy doing what we do best: welcoming our guests – to the town we love – with delicious food, cocktails, beautiful ocean views, and outstanding entertainment. We look forward to seeing you soon. And remember, when you choose to eat at Harry’s, you choose to support our oceans and community as well.