Things to do in Cape May this July and August.
While Cape May is a year-round vacation destination, July and August are undoubtedly peak months to take advantage of all our seaside town has to offer. At Harry’s we’re always serving up delicious apps and entrees, plus AMAZING cocktails, but there’s a lot to do here (outside of hanging with us). Take a look at our top picks for summer.
The TOP things to do in Cape May this summer:
- Visit a top-rated Cape May beach. If you’re a guest of the Montreal Beach Resort, enjoy complimentary beach chairs, cabanas, and beach-side food service all summer long – just across the street!
- Hop on one ‘MAC’s famous Green & Red trolleys for a Cape May Trolley Tour. MAC offers over 8 different tours, from ghost tours to seaside mansion tours. There’s one for every interest!
- Try our wineries. Cape May is home to many fantastic Vineyards: Cape May Winery, Willow Creek Winery, Natali Vinyards, Hawk Haven Vineyard & Winery, Turdo Vineyards & Winery
- Take a day trip and climb to the top of the Cape May Lighthouse – only 199 steps! Or, make it an evening excursion and do the Full Moon Climb on July 16th or August 15th.
- Don’t miss Movies on the Beach, a free event every Thursday evening, July through August, beginning at 8:30pm.
- Enjoy a Cape May stage product such as Sylvia, June 26th through August 2, or Sidekicked, August 7th through September 20th.
- Each Wednesday, July through August 21st you can attend the Family Fun Crafts Show at the Light house.
- Check out the Cape May Designer House and take a self-guided tour. Self-guided tours run through September.
- If you like fresh seafood and shellfish, you’ll want to eat at the Cape May Craft Beer & Crab Festival on August 3rd.
- Get some much need R&R with a massage of facial at the Cape May Day Spa, open every day year round.
- Tour the Emlen Physick Estate. You can even make it a combo tour and add a trolley ride.
- Visit the World War II Lookout Tower which played a major role in coastal defense during WWII.
- Try one of the many boat and nature tours available in Cape May like the Sunset Lighthouse Cruise, the Fisherman’s Wharf Tour or the Harbor Tour.
- Take a trip to Cape May Brewing Company. Taste their award-winning brews from 12pm to 8pm.
- You can also check out the Cold Spring Brewery located in one of the coolest restored barns in all of New Jersey.
- Tour the Nauti Spirits Distillery or Cape May Distillery.
- Visit Sunset Beach for the Flag Lowering Ceremony, every day at sunset, Memorial Day through October.
There you have it. The top things to do in Cape May this summer. Don’t forget to stop by Harry’s once you’ve enjoyed the sights about town.